Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Meal Plan Monday

Photobucket

I'm a little late with the meal plan this week, but better late than never, right!

So last week the Curried Lentils and Rice were actually pretty good. Especially considering I only had about half the amount of curry powder called for. Even K had a few good spoonfuls, and normally she is very picky! I think it could be a 'make it again' meal!

This week we're going to do Meatless Monday on Wednesday because we are bringing dinner to friends, and she is a vegetarian, that just recently had a baby. So, I'll just be doubling up the amount I make and taking half over to them!

Also, I'm going to start planning breakfasts and lunches. I wanted to do this before Brenden was born, but just didn't have the motivation. We want Jer to bring his lunch for work - brown bagging your lunch is a very frugally green thing to do - and it's better for your waistline too!

Here's this week's menu:

Breakfast:
Oatmeal with fruit
Rice Krispies (got a item for a free box!)
Waffles and fruit
Green Smoothies

Lunch:
Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
PB & J (the J being homemade apricot Jam - Yum!)
Chicken Ranch Wraps
Leftovers

Dinner:

Monday - Breakfast for dinner (didn't do last week - would be meatless too, but Jer ran to the store last night to pick up a few things and bought sausage patties!) :)

Tuesday - Homemade "Hamburger Helper" - I'm excited to try this recipe - I really want to eliminate convenience type foods (like Hamburger Helper) and replace them with homemade, healthier versions.

Meatless Wednesday - Black Bean and Corn Quesadillas, cornbread and salad - taking dinner to friends

Thursday - Dinner with our small group

Friday - Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza - made this a few weeks ago and it was so yummy I want to have it again!

Saturday - not sure yet...

Sunday - Crockpot Pork Chops


Check out more great meal plans at Organizing Junkie!

1 comment:

  1. I looked at your recipe for "Hamburger Helper" and it reminded me of this recipe (http://www.recipezaar.com/Ground-Beef-Stroganoff-123503) I use. It's cheap, easy to make, and tastes WAY better than actual Hamburger Helper Stroganoff!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all comments and love to hear from my readers! Ask a question, tell us about what you do to live frugally green, share a story or recipe or tips and tricks. If you ask a question I will do my best to respond quickly, so please check back. Thanks for reading Live Renewed!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin