Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Baby Beat

I had another maternity/pre-natal check-up today. I saw the nurse practitioner, who shares patients with the midwife. I will see both during my pregnancy, but the midwife will be the one who actually delivers the baby. Jer went along this time, and we got to hear the baby's heartbeat, and everything is going well. It is always such a joy to hear that wonderful sound of your baby's heartbeat. There is no other sound like it in the world, and it is so amazing to listen to the beat, and know that the baby's heart is beating inside of you - it's kind of strange actually, but so, so wonderful.

And we scheduled an ultrasound for the next appointment on Feb. 4th, so that is when we will find out the sex of the baby. We are excited for that.

So far, I have really enjoyed going to this practice and seeing the midwife and NP. There is such a comfortableness and genuineness about them that is comforting and lets you know that they really care about you and your baby. The NP took lots of time to talk to us, answer questions, ask questions about things that we didn't bring up to talk about, etc. I also really like that they are both women (not that I have anything against male doctors) but for this, I definitely feel like I can relate better to a woman. The care that I am receiving this time around feels more personal and caring, than the care I received at the OB/GYN practice that I went to with Kaelyn. Just my thoughts on seeing a midwife this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments and love to hear from my readers! Ask a question, tell us about what you do to live frugally green, share a story or recipe or tips and tricks. If you ask a question I will do my best to respond quickly, so please check back. Thanks for reading Live Renewed!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin