Monday, May 24, 2010

What A Great Weekend!

I am just sitting down after a great weekend visiting my family and attending Gleek Retreat '10.  First of all I wanted to say thank you to my amazing family for watching my kids all weekend!  It was so nice to have a little break from parenting, to be able to eat meals and have adult conversations without being interrupted or having to jump up every 10 seconds to get something for someone, and to be able to learn so much about this crazy world of blogging.  

Brenden with Papa

My head is spinning from all of the information and great conversations that I had at the retreat.  It was so great to meet other women who do something similar to what I do, and to learn from them and share ideas with them.  I have a lot to process over the next days and weeks, but here are a few highlights from the weekend.

New Friends
I met so many great, amazing people this weekend.  First of all, you all know how much I love Katie from Kitchen Stewardship (you did know that, right?)! Well, I got to meet her at the retreat! And she is as nice and funny and personable as she comes across on her blog.  I had a really great time with her and Donielle from Naturally Knocked Up.


Also, Julie from Dutch Being Me and I sat at a table together for the sessions, and I now have a new friend and someone that can help me navigate the murky waters of Twitter. 

And I met so many other amazing women, too many to really mention, who answered my questions, asked me about my blog and what I write about and why, and gave me great advice.  I wish I could write something about everyone one of them, but I don't think that's really practical, so here's a list of all the other wonderful attendees that I had the pleasure of meeting and interacting with over the weekend.

Free Stuff
Who doesn't love free stuff! We received amazing swag bags for attending the retreat and I wanted to take a second to mention my favorites.  One of the things that I really appreciated about the swag was that a lot of it was from eco-friendly companies.  We received awesome stainless steel water bottles from EcoUsable,  granola from Good Life Granola, a gift certificate to Piggy Paint - non-toxic nail polish, and much more and it all came in these awesome baskets from Home & CompanyThe basket will be perfect for my trips to the Farmer's Market!

Also we had my sister's bachlorette party on Saturday night.  It was a great time to hang out, laugh, and celebrate that my sister is getting married in a little over a month! Crazy!

And last but certainly not least - my amazing hubby spent the weekend working on painting our house!  He worked really hard all weekend scraping, fixing, caulking, priming and painting, and our house is now a nice greenish-grey color now, instead of yellow.  It will definitely take a little getting used to, but it looks really nice and he did a great job painting.  I'll post pictures once it's all finished - hopefully by next weekend!

It was a definitely a full and fun weekend!  And oops, how could I forget this - P.S.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you made some great connects Emily! It was so great to meet you. I hope you can come to some of our West Michigan Blogger meet-ups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that's me! ;) I'm glad I'm not a total dork in real life - I was as psyched to meet you as you were me! Such fun...and "well done" to your hubby on the house! Woo hoo!
    :) Katie, who is apparently famous around here, but won't let that get to her head

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all comments and love to hear from my readers! Ask a question, tell us about what you do to live frugally green, share a story or recipe or tips and tricks. If you ask a question I will do my best to respond quickly, so please check back. Thanks for reading Live Renewed!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin